USA Group is a niche manufacturer of small precision metal parts
Type of Operation
Portobello Fund IV
Metal parts manufacturing
USA Group is a niche industrial company specialised in manufacturing small precision metal parts (mainly brass), primarily focused on the automotive sector, where the Company is a Tier 2/3 supplier. USA Group core competence is the manufacturing of metal parts for safety and control systems, mainly sensor bodies for different applications in vehicles.
Founded in 1965 and headquartered in Mallabia (Basque Country), USA Group operates four manufacturing facilities and works with +100 customers, is involved in +500 different projects and works with +1,100 references, selling its products globally thanks to the international diversification of its customer base.
Why did we invest in USA Group?
- Industry niche with attractive underlying growth dynamics. Sensor content steadily outgrowing car sales
- Opportunity to increase market share in current markets and penetrate new geographies
- Comprehensive transformation program based on innovation, commercialization and increased collaboration with customers
- Wide inorganic growth optionality in attractive sectors and adjacent industries
- Best in class CEO and highly experienced industry co-investors