Home · Blog · ICFC EN : In seven years Ice Cream Factory has invested 34.5 million in product and manufacturing

In seven years Ice Cream Factory has invested 34.5 million in product and manufacturing

2015/05/11

The Valencian company Ice Cream Factory has allocated between 2009 and 2015 about 34.5 million euros to investments that have enabled it to successfully tackle the growth in demand, both domestically and internationally, and work on the constant development of new products. This commitment has been accompanied by a shareholding restructuring, in which the Lamsfus family controls 17 percent to 30 percent of the capital.
This change in ownership according to the entity, «reinforces the joint bid between Portobello Capital and the Lamsfus family to jointly address growth in the next few years and face factory-level investments in the short and medium term.»

A 65 percent export

The weight of the foreign market stands out. Ice Cream Factory exported last year the 65 percent of its production to 18 countries, while the remaining 35 percent was distributed in Spain. The main buyers markets were Italy, which received 20 percent of the total production of Ice Cream Factory; Britain, with sixteen percent; Portugal, with ten percent, and France with eight percent.
Ice Cream Factory produces more than 2.5 million pieces a day and is considered as one of the 5 major factories in Europe.
Within its CSR strategy, Ice Cream Factory strengthened in 2014 its collaboration with the Ilunión project, thanks to the ONCE Group which employs more than 100 employees during the summer.
Recently, directors of Ilunion attended Ice Cream Factory to see the implementation and operation of this collaborative project of both teams, a pioneer in the food industry in the mediterranean area.

El Economista

In seven years Ice Cream Factory has invested 34.5 million in product and manufacturing