In Portobello Capital every decision responds to the commitment to our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy.
We incorporate the criteria of social, environmental responsibility and good governance:
- Throughout the whole process of value creation, from due diligence through the investment decision, the management of the portfolio company and the divestment process.
- In day to day of our organization, our relationship with our employees, investors, partners, suppliers and, ultimately, to society.
Portobello Capital is an endorser of United Nations-backed Principles for Responsible Investment UN PRI.
With the help of some of our portfolio companies we collaborate with the Fundación Integra, a non-profit foundation dedicated to achieving the employment of people at risk of social exclusion and disability.
Our companies integrate CSR criteria:
- Sabater performs its activity in compliance with applicable laws and in an ethical and social responsible manner. Sabater Spices operations and its relations with other parties are based on values such as honesty, integrity, equity, transparency and mutual respect. The Company is audited and approved by Bureau Veritas above the SMETA standard of the ethical compliance in the company.
- Developing a new project: First Sustainable Paprika grown along with SSI (Sustainable Spice Initiative) under the umbrella of IDH (a project led by the offices of the Dutch, Swiss and Danish governments that brings together public and private non-governmental institutions, to increase and accelerate a sustainable trade).
- Sabater Spices is a member of Sedex (Suppliers Ethical Data Exchange), a non-profit organization whose objective is to enable improvements on the responsible and ethical commercial practices of the supply chain throughout the world.
- Sabater has incorporated a gender perspective as a part of the social responsibility of the company with a plan for equal opportunities for women and men. With the collaboration of the Ministry of Health, social policy and equality.
- Sabater optimizes the resources used and seeks to minimize the environmental impact. It is certified by the ISO-14001 for environmental aspects.
- The Company has a line of action center on the ecological agriculture, endorsed by the Counsel of Ecological Agriculture of the Region of Murcia (MU/480/E).
- The Company has a relevant commitment with the local area (Olaverría and its region), making several economic contributions and sponsoring various sport and cultural activities.
- Laulagun holds a ISO 14001:2004 certification, which guarantees a business management focused on a more efficient energy use and on cost reduction. Several actions have been implemented having obtained, in consequence, a substantial reduction in consumption.
- The company has also implemented other initiatives to mitigate environmental impact such us flow regulators to reduce water consumption or the use of new materials with a longer durability, in this way reducing the amount of wastage.
- Iberconsa is a member of SEDEX, which is a not for profit membership organisation dedicated to driving improvements in responsible and ethical business practices in global supply chains. As member the company must provide self-assessments yearly, which are publicly available to other members and any client who receives authorization from the company.
- Regarding social responsibility on the product, the Company has been certified by IFS Broker, a quality standard that not only ensures the company’s regulatory compliance but also its suppliers one. It is audited yearly, having received in 2015 the maximum qualification.
- Its Corporate Policy includes the company’s commitment to its employees and providing them with the necessary training to help them on their personal and professional growth.
- Sustainable fishing: members of Blue Fish (European association for the promotion of sustainable and responsible fisheries) and MSC Custody Chain certified (sustainable fishing standard).
- Regarding actions in place to mitigate environmental impacts, it should be highlighted that 85% of the water used in its Namibian subsidiary comes from the sea; this water is later cleaned before returning it.
- EYSA is committed to the principles of equal opportunity for each and every one of our professionals, in the selection process as well as access to internal promotion, under criteria of assessment, development, talent and dedication to the job, as well as bearing in mind gender equality.
- The Company supports the integration of groups at risk of exclusion.
- EYSA aims to minimize the environmental impact of its customers through the development of initiatives of sustainability in the field of mobility services, improving the standards of mobility in the cities in which we operate, reducing congestion levels and thus air and noise pollution.
- There is an Integrated Policy on Quality Control and Environment and, within this framework, it also holds ISO 14001:2004 certification, which ensures a more energy efficient.
- The Company is especially careful with regards to the control of social issues in its subsidiary in China, given the potential risk for non-compliance with regulations, social audits are done annually.
- In Spain as well as in China, the company has implemented several measures to reduce water consumption and to improve energy efficiency or reduce costs.
- 96% of materials used in the Chinese factory are recycled and up to 50% in the headquarters in Villafranca.
- Partner in the Hispter Project (financed by the EU) for the deployment of high pressure and temperature food processing for sustainable, safe and nutritious food with fresh-like quality looking for more sustainable production processes (water and energy savings)
- Vitalia cooperates with several entities focused on integration into the job market: of disable people (NGO Empleo para Todos) and of people at risk of social exclusion.
- Strong commitment with energy saving actions, installing solar collection systems and water saving initiatives: in 2014 the company installed biomass plants in two of its centres for the production of hot water and heating; and has reduce 65% its energy use and CO2 emissions in the last 3 years by lighting
- Angulas Aguinaga has been the first company in the world in obtaining the ISO 22000 certificate.
- As a Vitartis partner, Angulas Aguinaga recently has joined an agreement with the board of Castilla y León to help distribute food through Red de Protección a las Familias, in which is expected to respond in the next year some 100,000 people.
Agreement which will provide employment to people at risk of social exclusion.
- Angulas Aguinaga is always concerned with minimising the ecological impact that any processing industry generates and, in order to remove the organic waste generated in the production system, it has its own waster water treatment plant, which has all the latest technological advances for water treatment.
Furthermore, packaging waste is recycled through an Integrated Management System.
- Multiasistencia has developed a program of measures that are committed to reconcile family and professional life and equal opportunities. This has enable the company to obtain the certificate of the Empresa Familiarmente Responsable (EFR), issued and delivered by the Fundación Másfamilia, a private, independent, non-profit and charity foundation, set up and run to provide innovative and highly professionals solutions for the protection and family support.
- Multiasistencia has obtained the Environmental Management Certification ISO 14001.
This certification demonstrates the commitment of the company for the care of the environment and its preservation in their daily activities.
- ICFC Conducts ethical audits annually using independent companies accredited by the international organisation, SEDEX.
- Helps the ‘Alzira’ region, Spain to receive international recognition thanks to our export market.
- Almost 50% of ICFC supplies are purchased from regional suppliers, thereby helping the economic development of the Valencian community region in Spain.
- ICFC encourages DUAL training by working with the regional institute of professional training Luis Suñer, as a source of training their future collaborators.
- Cooperates with various charity food banks in the region.
- ICFC collaborates with both social associations (Fallas, regional association) as well as sports associations.
They actively work in:
- The Global Energy Plan (PGE) which consists in awareness-raising of sustainable development, controlling all the company’s resources: water, electricity, waste and CO2 emissions.
- The Integrated Waste Plan System (SIG) to achieve the proper management of packaging waste.
- The Ecoembes Prevention Plan, which comprises of numerous projects to reduce the use of cardboard and plastic in the containers and packaging we use to make our ice cream.
- With its employees: developing their skills, relying on internal promotion, diversity and inclusion, respect for human rights and ensuring workplaces, healthy and safe.
- With the communities where they perform their work: promoting the purchase of fair trade products, working with local suppliers supporting the development of the areas we serve, and close cooperation in programs to prevent hunger and malnutrition.
- Nutrition, health and welfare: developing programs aimed at improving the health and wellbeing of our users and consumers, committed to reducing the intake of sugar, salt and fat programs.
- Mediterránea is strongly committed with the reducing of scrap and waste.
A strategic line aimed to the emission decrease and control energy consumption in our facilities and those of our customers.
GRUPO UNO CTC
- GrupoUno CTC cooperates with this entity facilitating access to employment for people with disabilities or at risk of exclusion, helping its development and creating opportunities and added value.
Fundación Logística Justa:
- GrupoUno CTC is Sponsor of the Foundation at participating collaborating on actions of the Foundation promoting fair trade, social commerce, logistics cooperation with the poorest countries and takes part in social projects of cooperation.
Service of Economic Development of the City Hall of Montornés del Vallés:
- GrupoUno CTC collaborates with this entity revealing employment opportunities of the outsourced companies in the area, promoting local hiring and encouraging the relationship between local government and the business community.
- GrupoUno CTC works with Caritas under the Empresas con Corazón program, making easier the access to employment for people who have been long periods outside the labour market, from a holistic view of the person, his reality and his capabilities.