MAXAM is European leader and #3 largest player worldwide in civil explosives. It is a global organization composed by five business units, with over 140 companies operating across the five continents, counts with 6.000 employees worldwide, with industrial facilities in more than 45 countries and sales in over 100.
MAXAM’s global experience allows us to sustainably offer high-tech products and services of the highest quality that contribute to our client’s efficiency.
Why did we invest in Maxam?
- Uncorrelated growth: strong prospects in global market (mineral and commodity super-cycle)
- Quantitative leaps:
- Internationalization potential.
- Industry Leader:
- Niche market leader; #1 in Europe.
- High barriers to entry due to security requirements.
- Best-in-niche CEO: Mr. Sánchez-Junco, leader.
- Oligopolistic market.
Portobello Capital sold its stake in Maxam to Advent International in 2013.