Grupo Iberconsa is an international company specialized in the fish, manufacture, distribution and commercialization of frozen seafood products. It is a vertically integrated company, present in every stage of the value chain.
Iberconsa is based in Vigo, where it develops its commercial activity, and exports 45% of its sales. It sells through all channels, specially retail and foodservice. Its production focuses around three species: hake, squid and shrimp.
Iberconsa’s fleet includes ships in Argentina, Namibia and South Africa. It has processing plants in Argentina and Namibia. It owns also a wide network of retail stores and a stake in two refrigerators in the Spanish region of Galicia.
Why did we invest in Iberconsa?
- Uncorrelated growth:
- Strong market growth – growing global demand for fish protein products
- Quantitative leaps:
- Consolidation of quota in the main fisheries
- Access to distribution channels allowing new product launches
- Industry Leader:
- # 3 player of the Spanish frozen seafood business
- # 1 worldwide player in catch and processing of on-board frozen hake