Portobello Capital is a leading independent Mid-Market Private Equity manager in Iberia.
We are a wholly independent entity, managed by the partners Íñigo Sánchez-Asiaín, Juan Luis Ramírez, Ramón Cerdeiras, Luis Peñarrocha and Carlos Dolz. It was founded in 2010 to ensure continuity to the private equity funds they have been advicing since 1990.
Our senior team has a demostrated track record and extensive experience in more than sixty operations of all types.
Portobello Capital has capital committed and under management worth around 1.2 billion euro, a team with twenty-five professionals and fourteen companies in its portfolio. Fund III was closed in 375 million euro in August 2014 and it is fully invested. Currently, Portobello Capital has raised its Fund IV, with a final close of 600m€.
Institutional International investors represent 86% of the commitments of the funds. The remain 14% are Spanish subscribers of the funds, mainly institutional ones.
Portobello Fund IV, with commited capital of 600 million euro, primary fund mainly focused on buyouts.
Portobello Fund III, with committed capital of 375 million euro and closed in August 2014, primary fund mainly focused on buyouts.
Portobello Capital Secondary Fund I, with committed capital of 422 million euro and closed in July 2015.
- Portobello Capital closes its Fondo IV in 600M €
- Portobello Capital acquires Blue Sea
- Portobello Capital acquires Centauro
- Portobello Capital creates the VIVANTA group, the first investment of its Fondo IV
- Portobello Capital acquires Sidecu
- Portobello Capital acquires Ramon Sabater
- Build ups for Vitalia: new care homes
- Portobello Capital acquires Laulagun Bearings
- Portobello Capital acquires Iberconsa
- Build up for Vitalia: Sol y Vida
- Build up for GrupoUno CTC: Linser Log
- Portobello Capital Secondary Fund I was constituted
- Build up for Mediterranea: Aliment Art
- Build up for IAN: Taboada
- Build up for Multiasistencia: Alma
- Portobello Capital acquires IAN
- Portobello Capital closes its Fund III with €375 M
- Sale of Indas to Domtar
- Buil up for Angulas Aguinaga: Mariscos Linamar
- Joint Venture Angulas Aguinaga – Marine Harvest
- Portobello Capital acquires Vitalia
- Sale of Hofmann to Photobox
- Joint Venture Multiasistencia and Tempo in Brazil
- Build up for Hofmann: Posterjack
- Build up for Stock Uno: CTC
- Build up for Indas: Albasa
- Sale of Maxam to Advent International
- Portobello´s Team grows until 16 professionals
- Portobello Capital was founded.
- Portobello Capital Fondo I y Fondo II were constituted.